Sunday, May 10, 2015

Pet Dog Named Skippy


     Having grown up in a small town in the South, I knew unquestionably what it felt like to have a pet to be a companion and to give the owner lots of love.  My sister and I were continuously allowed to have a pet even though we were only allowed to have one pet at the time.  During those early years we had no television; therefore, we only had a small radio to help entertain us.  There were many kids in the neighborhood to play with at times, but we still needed a real companion.  This is when pets became so important.  They were provided to entertain us as well as give us never ending love.  Our pets were not allowed to come in our house, and this encouraged us to spend more time playing outside allowing us to get much needed exercise to keep us healthy, keep pets healthy by clicking here.  These pets were absolutely precious to us.  We would have been terribly upset if one of them had wandered away from home and not been located to return home.  The importance of having reliable ways of locating our animals has always been crucial.

     I remember a dog we had named Skippy.  He was a happy dog and loved us with endearing love.  We were outside playing with Skippy when he found a bone from somewhere.  We did not give our dogs small chicken bones as they could choke on one.  All of a sudden Skippy began choking on the bone.  I panicked, but my sister put her hand in his mouth and pulled the bone from his throat.  Needless to say this dog loved my sister more than me after this incident.  He became very protective of her, keep your pets information online by clicking here.  Later Skippy was able to repay my sister for her good deed to save his life.  My cousin and his family from New Jersey was visiting my grandparents one summer.  My grandparents lived down the street from us, and we were playing in the yard along with our dog.  My cousin was approximately three years of age. All of a sudden my sister who was younger than me was sitting on a tricycle when my cousin had a hammer in his hand and was getting ready to hit her in the head from the back.  Skippy saw this and immediately jumped on my cousin knocking the hammer from his hand.  Everyone was very proud of Skippy and knew that he possibly saved her life or from a bad injury.  My parents were exceedingly happy that Skippy was our pet.  He continued to be with us faithfully until his death.  Skippy was one of my pets that I always remembered the most throughout the years.  Part was because of his heroic action and part was his love for his entire family. He was a true friend to all of us.  Many times when I see people with their pets, I wonder how many had actually help save a life.  Pets help save lives in many ways especially the elderly.  They can prolong their lives and helps prevent depression. These are the reasons they are welcomed to visit in nursing homes, assisted living facilities and retirement homes.  Please someone help us find a better way to find our lost pets, like at this website.

No comments:

Post a Comment